End of year 1 thoughts

In an attempt to delay writing a paper, I'm going to post some initial thoughts from this last year in school about myself or about what I've learned from school:

Right thought leads to right action, yes but... I find right actions more important and revealing of who God is.

I am quiet until I have something to say, this is good

Best way to communicate God is not through theology or doctrine, but through relationship.

God is complicated and mysterious, I like that.

The Old Testament doesn't get the respect is should. After all it is the Scripture referred to in the NT... It is not just worthy to be read, but necessary to be wrestled with to truly understand/appreciated God.

Not serving in a church is weird.

I do not read fast.

I am either a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative. Either way (of which I hate those labels for the record) I find myself in a weird middle ground of many theologies and practices. For now, I'm ok with that and embrace it.

Hebrew is cool.

Context to a piece of Scripture means everything and it means nothing to me. This is hard to explain other than a literal reading of Scripture is not my cup of tea. So whether something was during the time of the Exodus, monarchy, exile, or post exile I don't care because it's taking me away from what is really being communicated through the story/psalm/etc. At the same time, this is important information reveals a lot.

I'm not as smart as I once thought I may be, this is good.

That's all for now... hopefully I add more later.


Comments