Prayer, accountability, and more

It's been one of THOSE days... So busy. Even though I got an extra hour of sleep last night, I woke up dead. Helped serve communion @ 8:30, taught a class @ 9:45, taught another class @ 10:45, came home long enough to grab some food, talk prep and practice @2:30, and then youth. It's been a busy day to say the least. However, the presence and peace of God has been on me all day even in the midst of stress and tiredness (don't know if that a real word).

Tonight we talked about prayer at youth. I was a really powerful night. There have been many powerful nights this year. It's been very encouraging. I feel like there is a new energy building. Back to tonight though... students served w/ $20. Some payed for a family's food in line @ McDs, some brought flowers to old ladies at a nursing home, some bought gifts for compassion girls, and some paid for people's gas. We then had short but awesome worship.

Prayer has been on my heart for a while with our youth group. We need more prayer. It's not very present in what we do. In my personal life, it hasn't been that present. It's been off and on. Ole C.S. wrote... "No one in his senses, if he has any power of ordering his own day, would reserve his chief prayers for bed-time - obviously the worst possible hour for any action which needs concentration." We'll just say I haven't had the best "ordering to my day" lately.

God is moving in my heart though. He IS changing my heart and my view. He is giving me a second energy. The more I want to do for God, the more I realize I need to be praying more. I can feel his passion building once again. I believe God is moving in the hearts of our students as well. You could feel so many people wanting to know God tonight. You could feel a desire to talk to him more. As they came to the altar to pray, I was beautiful to see so many kneeling at his throne.

Afterwards, I met with the seniors. They have been officially challenged. We need them. We need their leadership. They need prayer because it's such a difficult time in their life right now. They have a million things going on right now. I know they need to be leading our group as well. It's such a difficult time for them because really at this point, youth is more about how they are giving back than what they are getting. They are our main role models. I think I'll start with prayer to help with this one.

Comments