That's right. It's "probably the toughest event on the face of the planet". Me along with 7 other friends:
- Doug Mitchell, Drew McElroy, Cole Sike, Blake Sikes, Allen Franco, Corey Dill, and Alex Erwin

will be taking on the event on October. Tonight I was way worn out by the work out. I'm not in the best shape right now, and as I get ready for this event I know it won't be easy.

But I do know this... it's not how you start, but it's how you finish. Which is a good lesson in life in any area. Maybe I started strong, so I must finish strong too. A good start won't necessarily mean a good finish. Maybe I started weak. That's ok because it's the finish that people will remember you by.

Paul related our lives to a race. He talks about beating and training our bodies. Right now I can feel that. He talks about forgetting what's behind him and striving forward toward the goal. To me he is saying, "how you finish is what is important" Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about a means to an end mentality. I'm talking about continually striving to give my best and not settling for just ok. As long as I am focusing on finishing strong, then I will always know I gave my best along the way.

I'm looking forward to this race. It's going to be some awesome bonding with some great guys. I can't wait to finish with them, knowing that we finished strong.

Comments