Life as I know it

So it's June, which for me means many things. One: it's birthday month. My birthday is June 1st and Hannah's birthday is June 30th and that's pretty cool. Two: summer has begun. Cue snow cones, lake days, slip n slides, cherries with pits, and the occasional hammocking. Last and certainly not least: it's LMP time.

Now let me be clear. I love LMP. In fact, it may be to blame why I am in ministry. I love serving our local area. I love being a part of something big. I love the worship. I love the relationships that are built. And of course, I met my wife here.

This is all awesome stuff. That said, it is the most stressful month of my life. Between getting sites, and sponsors, and leaders, and special events, and worship planned, it's stressful. It's easy to get overwhelmed and down. I find myself gauging my success off of how many people are signed up. Sometimes I even find myself hurt when I find out this student or that student isn't going to come. Did I upset them? Why don't they want to come? Do they not like us anymore? Are they tired of church?

It can get a bit ridiculous, I know this. It's still tough. I'm not perfect, however I wish I was. I'm not. I can't sometimes. And when I fall, I only fall on myself because I forgot that this isn't all about me. I haven't gone to God enough. I haven't asked for His help. I haven't said to Him, "I can't, but you can."

I pray for LMP. I pray for the families. I pray for our students. I pray for our worship evenings and special events. I pray for fellowship and unity. I pray for myself, my leadership, my heart, my focus. I pray for our youth staff. I pray for our site leaders. I pray for the many volunteers it takes to make LMP happen. God be in us. God wrap yourself around us. God take over and take control. God be present and powerful. God be big and awesome. Forgive me for forgetting you. Rise us up. Prepare us. Restore us. Remake us. Bring your Spirit. Bring it strong!

Psalm 61:1-4
1 Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.

2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Comments