Been a while

Well it's been quite a while since I've blogged anything at all. It's been such a crazy past couple of months in my life. LMP was awesome, but with a smaller youth staff it was really stressful. Then of course the biggest part of my summer happened just one week later. The wedding was such a great night. I could not have been more blessed with such an awesome group of friends and family to be surrounded by during the week and day of our wedding.

Now as we kick off a huge year at First Youth. It is such a bitter sweet time. I couldn't be more excited about making some needed changes. It's encouraging to feel like you're following God's calling. On the other side of things though, it's a really stressful time. Getting ready for worship, planning Synago lessons, programming Mid youth, and still trying to do all the other things that are a part of youth ministry.... to say the least, it's been great but tiring.

I've been reading in Acts lately, and I'm reminded why I love that book so much. It reads like a story and the boldness and courage of all the apostles and early Christians is such an awesome story to read. I can't imagine what it was like to be a part of the early movement. Talk about excitement, and yet stressful. What could've been more exciting than living on the edge in the name of Christ like they did? Yet knowing that threats, death, or jail was right around the corner. They didn't stop though. The church continued to not just grow, but multiply. It was real and tangible faith.

Right now, I'm not trying to hang on. I'm not trying to just get by. My hope is that God helps me thrive in times like these. My hope is that I don't become timid, but God can provide a spirit of power, love, and self discipline. My hope is that in my weakness, his Glory can shine through.

Comments