Fear

What do you fear? What is fear? We can fear so many things in life. Snake, spiders, heights, etc. But what about those really deep fears. Fear of being alone. Fear of failure. Fear of becoming someone you don't want to become. Fear of the unknown. Fear of not being able to provide.

It can surround and consume us. Fear is something that is hard to understand, and if we let it, it will disrupt our whole lifes. Some people live their whole lives in fear. I know I don't want to be like that. But I am human, and fears creep up on me all the time. I fear failing. I fear the future because it's still unclear to me. In the midst of this fear, I have learned to completely lean on God. In Him, I know that there is nothing to fear but God himself.

I know what it says in the bible about fear...

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

AND

Psalms 2:11
Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.

Seems a little confusing to me. I'm trying to understand the concept up being fearless, yet fearing God. Even still, these two verses seem contradictory to me. I hope to find answers soon.

Comments